Losing Your License, Getting It Back
Courtney & Molter: Experienced Traffic Defenders
At the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, law offices of Courtney & Molter, we provide sound legal advice regarding traffic violations and effective representation in license suspension and license reinstatement proceedings. We generally represent individuals throughout the southeastern portion of the state, but we can, and do, travel to represent clients statewide.
If you are facing the prospect of license suspension, or you have already had your license suspended or revoked and would like to apply for reinstatement – call or contact our attorneys today.
Twelve Points and You’re Out
Accumulate 12 or more “points” on your driving record in any given 12-month period and your driver’s license will be suspended for a minimum of two months. In some cases, this dubious accomplishment can be achieved with just two traffic stops. The following list can give you an idea of how some of the more common moving violations are “scored.” Keep in mind, persons who hold a probationary license or instruction permit are assessed double points for the second and all subsequent violations.
- Operating while revoked or suspended = 3 points
- Operating under the influence of intoxicant or drugs = 6 points
- Reckless driving or racing = 6 points
- Speeding (20 mph or more over limit) = 6 points
- Violation of occupational license = 6 points
- Deviating from traffic lane = 4 points
- Driving on wrong side of highway or street = 4 points
- Failure to yield right of way = 4 points
- Failure to yield to emergency vehicle = 4 points
- Inattentive driving = 4 points
- Speeding (11 through 19 mph over limit) = 4 points
- Unnecessary acceleration = 4 points
- Driving wrong way on one-way street = 3 points
- Failure to give proper signal = 3 points
- Following too closely = 3 points
- Illegal passing = 3 points
- Operating with expired license or without any license = 3 points
- Prohibited or illegal turn = 3 points
- Speeding (1 through 10 mph over limit) = 3 points
Drivers’ License Suspensions and Reinstatement
Drivers’ license suspension and reinstatement hearings are two sides of the same coin. Both take place in an administrative setting and both can have much better outcomes if you have an experienced lawyer working to protect your interests.
An *AV-Rated Law Firm,
Here for You in Your Time of Need
Milwaukee Area: 414-224-6070 : 800-536-5045
Call our southeast Wisconsin law offices directly or contact us online . Phones are answered 24 hours-a-day. If we can’t speak to you right away, don’t worry – we will return your call or e-mail as soon as we possibly can.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.